Work and Holiday visa allows you for:
- staying in Australia for 12 months counting from the day of entry,
- working full time (however you cannot work for more than 6 months for the same employer),
- studying for up to 4 months,
- multiple entries to Australia during the visa duration.
- The visa is valid for 12 months from arrival,
- Work and Holiday visa can only be granted to a person once in their life,
- This visa needs to be applied for from overseas,
- The cost of Work and Holiday visa is $440 + $4.76 (Credit Card payment).
- the applicant needs to be between 18 and 31 years old,
- you need to have a certified knowledge of English on a communicative level (acknowledged will be exams passes no earlier than 12 months prior to applying: IELTS with min.4.5 result, TOEFL with min.133 result computer tested, Pearson Test Of English Academic with min.30 result, CAE with min.147 result or at least 2 years of studying in English in your home country or a year of studies in Australia on Diploma, Machelor or Master level.
- Higher education or at least completed 2 years of bachelor studies,
- Financial resources to support yourself during the initial period of your stay (min. $5000)
- A return ticket, a ticket to another country or enough financial resources to purchase such a ticket,
- A valid passport issued no earlier than 10 years prior to visa application with at least two empty pages with an expiry date no shorter than 90 days after the end date of the planned stay,
- A written confirmation (letter of support) issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy stating that the Ministry is aware of the person’s attempt to apply for the visa in question,
- Also during visa verification process an Officer may request additional documentation i.e. police check, medical exam using a professional appointed by the Department of Immigration,
- An applicant cannot be accompanied by dependents (children)
- For the purpose of application you will not need a proof of medical insurance however due to high costs of medical services in Australia Department of Immigration highly
- recommends to all Work and Holiday applicants to purchase such an insurance.
Complete set of documents needs to be delivered to Australian Embassy in Berlin via post or personally. There is no option to apply electronically as yet.
There is a fixed number of Work and Holiday visas. In Poland it is 200 visas per year issued between July 1st and July 30th the following year.
New enrollment opens July 1st 2017.