THREE LEVELS OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN AUSTRALIA MOST COMMON FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- Bachelor degree – it’s the first level of University education for people who only started their studies. Successful completion will provide you with enough knowledge and skill to find employment in a chosen profession or continue education. Course duration is usually 3 to 4 years depending on the course.
- Master’s degree – students who received their bachelor degree can continue education on a master’s level. This degree enables you to deepen your knowledge and improve your skills. At the completion of the course, you will be a certified Master in a chosen discipline. Course duration is usually 1 to 2 years depending on the course.
- Doctorate – it’s the next academic level. The doctoral path is available to students who completed their Master’s degree or (under specific conditions) Bachelor graduates. Doctoral studies are usually chosen by the ones who wish to conduct broader scientific research in their chosen discipline. In Australia, a full-time PhD normally takes three years. Course duration is usually 3 to 5 years depending on student’s previous qualifications and intensity of their work.
- Enrollment usually occurs 2-3 times a year. Students can take advantage of Postgraduate Work Visa 485 enabling them to extend the stay by 2 extra years and find employment.
- fees can vary between 5 500 to 25 000 dollars per semester.
- to apply for a full-time University studies you need a Students Visa 573.
Keep in mind that the school may request that you present proper certification confirming your English skill level (usually IELTS).
Do you want to learn more about schools and interesting courses?
Reach out to us and we will find you a dream course that will help you conquer the world!