Are you looking for a way to study, work and discover the beauty of the “Down Under”? Student Visa may be the best choice for you!
Participate in the ‘Study & Work’ program and take the chances that Australia gives you!
Do you know that in 2019 there were almost 1,000,000 international students in their student visa in Australia? They came from every country you can imagine just to undertake a course in Australia. Why did international students come to study in Australia? Australia is recognised as one of the best-designed education systems around the world with seven universities in the global ranking of Top 100 QS World University Ranking (2019).
Student Visa is a perfect way to travel to Australia!
Student Visa gives you an opportunity to get a global qualification with an internationally recognised certificate or degree.
Student Visa allows you to improve your English skills in an English speaking country.
Let’s bring your partner with you who has work rights as a dependent on your student visa!
Student Visa allows you to work for 40 hours fortnightly and unlimited time during schools` holidays; some of High Education courses allow you and/or your partner to even work without limitations at all.
Student Visa gives you a chance of getting to know people from different countries and cultures to create life-long friendships or even… relationships!
The good news is: you don’t need to go through this bureaucratic process by
With our services 100% FREE of charge, you can contact one of our experienced and friendly team members to help you through the process instead of tearing your hair out while wondering how to do it by yourself! We have offices in many countries around the world and we speak multiple languages to make your adventure as easy and understandable as possible. Contact us for more information!
- Student Visa (Subclass 500) – for all the courses registered under CRICOS (courses registered for international students);
- Student Visa (Subclass 590) – for the student’s guardian (Guardian Visa) if a student is less than 18 years old (this visa does not allow to work);
- $620 AUD for the person applying to study or the guardian of the student if you are less than 18 years old.
$460 AUD for the partner of the main applicant.
- $150 AUD for the children included in the student’s application.
The fee is always the same no matter the length of your studies. Please note that this price may vary depending on the location where you are applying for your Student Visa (OffShore or in Australia).
The student visa allows for a minimum stay of 1 month up to even a few years. There is no limit to how long in total you can be on the student visa in your life. Everything depends on the circumstances, but as long as you make progress in your
education and you upgrade your qualification, you probably meet the main requirements of the visa by being a
genuine international student.
When granted, your student visa will be valid for the duration of your course/degree. In case you decide to study longer and/or undertake further courses, you can submit a new student visa application while in Australia and extend the length of your student visa. The student visa is in no circumstances extended automatically, but you must always submit a new visa application before your current student visa expires.
- you do not need to be a current international student to become an international student in Australia.
- there is no age limit to become an international student in Australia, as it is never too late to study! Are you curious about how old is the oldest international student?
- you must show genuine reasons to undertake studies in Australia. As long as you are able to prove that you are coming to Australia to learn, you are eligible to apply and have your student visa granted.
- you must be enrolled in a CRICOS registered course in Australia (in other words, a course that is provided for international students). You can check and search for all the courses you can study.
- you need to provide the required documents for the visa application to make it be considered. You can see on the question below the list of documents required.
Contact us and will help you with all the documents needed.
However, there are some documents you definitely must-have for applying for a student visa in Australia:
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your studies;
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from an Australian educational provider
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) letter to be supplied with your application, stating your reasons for applying for a student visa in Australia.
- Financial statements;
- Confirmation of your previous studies;
- Confirmation of your level of English;
- Confirmation of your current/previous employment.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a compulsory insurance for anyone who wants to apply for a student visa in Australia. It’s a comprehensive health insurance that is offered with the purpose to guarantee students’ safety during their stay in Australia.
There are some different options of OSHC such as:
Also, there are immigration regulations on which determines the dates to book it for, so contact our friendly team and we’ll help you out. The price is starting from $40/month but must be paid in advance for the whole duration of the studies.
If you do not speak English well enough to meet the requirements of the vocational or higher education courses, you can come to Australia to study English. Yes, that’s right! You can apply for a student visa in Australia to study English.
It can be a stand-alone English course or in a package to continue your education with one of the providers in the vocational or higher education sector. If you’re considering studying in Australia you definitely need to read about the Australian education system.
Some course requirements are different, but most of the courses require you to have the following levels:
- Certificate III – IELTS 5.0 or equivalent;
- Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma – IELTS 5.5 or equivalent;
- Bachelor – IELTS 6.0 or equivalent;
- Master – IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
For example, if your current level is IELTS 5.5, but you would like to enroll for a Bachelor’s degree with an entry requirement of IELTS 6.0, you can undertake 12 weeks of English preparation and continue your education on to the Bachelor level on the same visa.
Are you wondering what your current level of English is? Test your English level for free with us. We will send you your results within 72 hours.
IELTS is a global International English Test that you can do in most countries in the world to prove your English level to get into a school in Australia. It is valid only for two years, so ask our friendly staff if and when you should do it.
Certainly, they do!
However, we have almost 20 years of experience in helping with student visa applications and we have lodged thousands of visas during our careers. Hence, the risk of applying with us is reduced to the minimum as we know how to avoid the potential mistakes that you can accidentally make while lodging your student visa application.
Except in a few special circumstances, you can apply for a student visa to Australia both while you are onshore (in Australia) or offshore (outside Australia).
You are allowed to arrive in Australia from the moment that your student visa is granted (when you receive your Visa Grant Notification).
However, please remember that the work permit on a student visa commences no earlier than on the same day that the selected course starts.
Again, we wish that we could tell you exactly how long you need to wait for the student visa application to be processed, but we are unable to. It does not matter how good the submitted application is or how good of an applicant you are. However, once the student visa application is opened by the officer who is taking care of your case, you can expect the decision about your visa grant notification or rejection.
The processing time of a student visa application also depends on the season of the year, if there are many other student applications or not, and if the officer requires more information from you. In general, it can take from 1 hour up to even 2-3 months.
Every time we lodge your student visa application, we provide you with an estimated time of waiting based on the current experience with other students’ processing times.
You have a few options once your student visa expires:
- Return to your home country before your current visa expires;
- Continue your studies by enrolling in a new progressive course and apply for a new student visa before your current visa expires;
- Stay in Australia on a Temporary Graduate Work Stream visa or Temporary Post-Study Work Stream visa (subclass 485). See more information about the visas here.